Climate change is the challenge that will define this generation. Temperatures are on track to rise by more than 3 degrees by 2100 if immediate action is not taken to curb global carbon emissions.
RLAM has embraced responsible investing for many years. In 2020, we expanded our ESG integration practices and now integrate these across all our asset classes.
We engage with companies to make them better investments for clients, and to effect change on the issues that matter most – including climate change.
Our Net Zero targets
RLAM has committed to:
- Achieving Net Zero across our investment portfolios by 2050*
- Reducing carbon emissions from our investment portfolios by 50% by 2030
- Developing solutions that enable clients and customers to invest in the low carbon transition
To read our Climate risk policy, Stewardship and responsible investing report and other related documents, please visit our websites for investors:
“Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our society today. As a responsible investor, RLAM’s ambition is to work with our clients to be a catalyst for a Paris-aligned economy. This permeates every aspect of our operations – from our Net Zero commitments, to the way we manage properties in our portfolios and how we engage with the companies we invest in."
– Hans Georgeson, CEO, Royal London Asset Management
* The term Net Zero means achieving a balance between the amount of greenhouse gases emitted into the atmosphere and the amount removed from it. The commitment is based on the expectation that governments and policy makers will deliver on commitments to achieve the 1.5°C temperature goal of the Paris Agreement. It also assumes this action does not contravene RLAM’s fiduciary duty to external investors. The commitment is baselined on the year 2020. It includes assets in funds managed and controlled by RLAM, but excludes segregated mandates managed on behalf of external clients, unless otherwise instructed.